Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at The Family Elephant, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. The Family Elephant is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies when you visit our website at https://thefamilyelephant.co.uk/, provides you with information about:
- 1) how we use your data;
- 2) what personal data we collect;
- 3) how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- 4) your legal rights relating to your personal data.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our full details are:
The Family Elephant
Email address: email@example.com
Registered address: 3rd Floor, Eagle Tower, Montpellier Drive, Cheltenham, GL50 1TA
Telephone number: 01242 700847
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 11th February 2021.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name.
- Contact Data includes email addresses, telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website.
- Profile Data includes your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with certain services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions The Website includes functions that allow you to give us your Identity and Contact Data by signing up to our newsletter or requesting a call back or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Instruct or are interested in utilising our services;
- subscribe to our blogs or publications;
- request marketing information about our services to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or complete a survey; or
- give us some feedback on our services.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with the Website, including when you input data on the ‘Advisor Website Index’ function we provide, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
1. Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
4. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract for services we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.